Antique European Grain Sack Linen Handbag - perfect gift for yourself or a special someone
This fabulous, eco-friendly, eco-chic handbag is made from antique, hand-woven hemp linen in a lovely oatmeal tone with red stripes. Because only a few can be made from the same linen, each handbag is truly distinctive and nearly one of a kind.
The English bridal leather straps are wonderfully comfortable to wear. They are fastened to the bag with stylish nickel-colored conchos for a truly rustic chic look! The straps are the perfect length, making it easy to put the handbag on your shoulder with one hand, leaving your other arm and hand free.
The bag is lined with high quality pure linen fabric. For your convenience, a zippered pocket as well as two slip pockets on the inside will hold your cell phone and other personal items and keep your handbag organized.
Don't forget that the handbags are made from a wonderfully tough grain sack linen. They not only feel good to the touch, but they also are durable, hold up very well and are designed to be used as much as you like.
Amazing Quality – Great Features:
- Generously sized at 18" wide x 14-1/2" deep to hold everything you need
- Exterior antique linen is sturdy and stylish and in great condition with no flaws that I could observe
- Magnetic clasp for easy access
- Interior high quality pure linen – soft to the touch
- 10" wide roomy zipper pocket
- 9” wide divided slip pocket for cell phone storage and accessories
- English bridal leather double handle straps are 3/4" wide and 23 1/2”
- Nickel-colored conchos and hardware
This handbag is made from antique grain sack linen. The fabric is 90 - 140 years old and made from flax and hemp, grown by European farmers who wove the material by hand. The stripe patterns were woven in to identify the farmer's grain sacks when they took their grain to the local mill. Women weavers spent their evenings weaving this amazing linen. It took about one night to weave a 24-inch length of linen approximately 20 inches wide. How hard these women worked to weave these linens! I love having a connection to my women-sisters of yesteryear through this linen!
Care of Your Handbag:
- Our handbags are easy to clean by simply spot cleaning the linen where needed with mild soap and water.
- After letting the handbag air dry, it may ironed on the high heat (linen-cotton) steam setting.
- To keep the inner lining from getting wet, it's easy to move it out of the way when the outside linen is being spot cleaned. Because it is only fastened near the top of the bag, not at the bottom, the inner lining may be easily pulled out of the way when the outer bag is being spot cleaned.
- To clean the inner linen lining, you would follow the same process: pull out the inner lining, spot clean, air dry and steam iron.
Guaranteed FREE USA SHIPPING on orders totaling $35 or more!