African Mudcloth Pillow - perfect addition to your home décor
This pillow was made from a traditional mudcloth textile sheet from Mali West Africa.
These textiles were handwoven, and none are completely alike. The villagers weave these cloths on twig frames into narrow strips of fabric, which are then sewn together to form a larger sheet. The designs are created by using cured mud to form the fabric’s pattern and then by immersing it in natural dye. These designs tell of their traditions and village life. Irregularities and some discolorations are common in these completely handmade fabrics. Please look at the pictures for reference.
The pillow measures 14.5” x 35”.
FOR A PERFECT FIT, we highly recommend choosing the “Cover with Insert” option to order the luxury 100% cotton down-proof ticking pillow insert along with the pillow cover. Our pillow covers are sewn to fit these excellent hypoallergenic feather/down inserts.
African Mudcloth Pillow Cover:
- Pillow cover measures 14.5” x 35”.
- Back of cover is made with vintage mangle cloth, a pure linen fabric from Germany.
- Hidden zipper closure allows removal of the insert to care for the cover.
- All fabrics are washed before sewing. For laundering my fabrics, I use Costco soap and Dr. Brunner soap.
- This mudcloth fabric is of the best quality and in great condition with no marks that I could see on this pillow. In general, signs of wear and some discoloration or spots are part of the charm and character of these fabrics. Please see the photos for reference.
Luxury Pillow Insert:
- Insert size for this pillow cover measures 14” x 36”.
- We buy our inserts from a luxury pillow manufacturer. The inserts are made with hypoallergenic feathers and down and covered in 235 thread count 100% cotton down-proof ticking.
- Over the years, we have used many other pillow inserts from various sources. These are the best. We have never had any feather/down leakage issues.
- Insert size is generally 2” larger than pillow cover size for pillows measuring 20” or more and 1” larger for smaller sizes.
- We highly recommend buying the insert along with the pillow. Our pillow covers are tailored to these inserts for a perfect fit.
Care of Pillow Cover:
- Dry clean or hand wash in lukewarm water with mild soap.
- Air dry only, no heat.
Guaranteed FREE USA SHIPPING on orders totaling $35 or more!
We Also Recommend
Antique European Grain Sack Linen Pillow - perfect addition to your home décor
German Grain Sack Pillow - perfect addition to your home décor